Wednesday, May 18, 2016

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day

Tuesday, May 17

Today made some leaps and bounds.

We started off the day by getting extra seats to Jeff Nichols' self-proclaimed best-film-yet "Loving." 

People. This film is so important. 

It tells the true story of the imprisonment of Richard and Mildred Loving for their interracial marriage.

WOW! Jeff Nichols presents us with a touching masterpiece and Joel Egerton gives the performance of a lifetime. His bleached blonde hair throws you off for a hot second and then you realize that "wow honestly that kind of works on him."

If you know me, you know I am a true sucker for a true story. This film provided me with a rollercoaster of emotions for the duration and left me wishing we had another hour of plot.

Do yourself a favor and look up this story. During their trial, Life magazine took shots of the couple in their home and they run one or two of the real images at the end of the movie. 

This movie is going to be important during next year's award season. You NEED to see it to be an aware person. Second only to "The Dancer."

Afterwards we recovered with a daily activity I like to call "butchering the French language."  This is where I think I am decent at asking/ordering/thanking people in French, but really I am quite bad at it. I know this because they start by asking me what I would like and when I answer in French, they automatically respond to me in English.

I'd also like to mention that Luxembourg would not let us sit in their pavilion but Switzerland did. Shoutout for still being chill, Switzerland.

After taking a dinner and rosé break, we headed to get in line for "Hell or High Water", an "Un Certain Regarde" film. Since there are more people here now and the films are getting more popular, you have to get to a film premiere pretty early. I'm talking like an hour and a half for highly anticipated films.

Guys, I think this was my day because we were sat downstairs in the theater with the cast. Well, like a row away from the cast, but still!!!!

Chris Pine is high key a jerk but very handsome. During different times of the film, we'd look over at him and he looked very pleased with himself. While I wouldn't rank him high up in the list of Hollywood Chris's, he might be the best looking. Also gave a pretty impressive performance. It's worth a viewing because all in all, very enjoyable.


1 comment:

  1. That ALWAYS bugged me when you make the effort to speak the native language and then they respond in English. Insulting? Sometimes, but mostly I think it's because THEY want to practice their English.

    ReplyDelete